Longmont Train Accident Attorneys Maximize Compensation
Established and resourceful law firm fights for injured Coloradans
Rail transportation has been integral to Colorado’s success since our state’s founding. Today, rail serves numerous economic sectors, from mass transit to mining. Despite a favorable safety record, rail transportation is not without risks. When heavy equipment goes awry, its destructive force is enormous. If you’ve sustained a serious personal injury, or represent a loved one who suffered wrongful death, Flanders, Elsberg, Herber & Dunn, LLC can help. Established in 1871, our firm has represented victims of rail accidents almost as long as there have been railroads in Colorado. In fact, our firm secured the largest railroad liability verdict in the state’s history. We are prepared to deliver the same high-quality, highly personal representation in your train accident case.
Thorough investigation into the causes of Colorado train accidents
Your case for compensation depends on establishing the cause of the accident and determining what party was responsible. Our firm engages qualified experts to investigate all aspects of your train accident. Common causes of train accidents include:
- Operator error — Human error, such as speeding and running red signals, is a factor in many major train accidents. Despite state and federal regulations, operators sometimes work under the influence of alcohol, drugs or extreme fatigue.
- Operator distraction —Some recent catastrophic train wrecks have been linked to distractive behavior, such as texting or checking emails on smartphones.
- Signal or switch malfunction — When a signal fails to alert an operator or a switch fails to divert a train, collisions can occur.
- Track defect —Heavy equipment causes wear and tear on train tracks, which must be repaired frequently, especially in areas where harsh weather can cause erosion and other types of degradation.
- Object on track — Striking a foreign object, such as a boulder or a vehicle, can cause a massive derailment.
- Equipment defect — As with automobiles, defective parts can cause a dangerous malfunction.
- Train station maintenance — Many serious mass transit accidents do not involve vehicle collisions or other malfunctions. Slip and fall accidents in stations, or when entering and exiting coaches, can inflict serious harm. Station attendants must be vigilant about removing hazards caused by debris or inclement weather.
Reconstructing a train accident requires specialized knowledge; presenting that evidence in a clear and convincing manner requires focused legal experience. At Flanders, Elsberg, Herber & Dunn, LLC, we have the necessary resources to manage complex litigation for railroad injuries and cases of wrongful death.
Retain a leading Colorado law firm for train accident injuries and wrongful death
Flanders, Elsberg, Herber & Dunn, LLC has been helping Coloradans injured in train accidents for almost as long as Colorado has had railroads. Our knowledgeable, local attorneys know what it takes to deliver successful representation in complex, contentious accident cases. Call us at 303.569.6513 or contact our Longmont office online.